Mandatory 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine for All Incoming Passengers | Hawaii
All individuals, residents, and visitors who come to Hawaii from out of state must be quarantined for 14 days.
Pre-Departure Testing Program: Starting September 1, all travelers arriving outside of the state of Hawaii must submit a valid COVID-19 Nuclear Enhancement Test (NAAT) within 72 hours of boarding their flight to Hawaii and provide evidence of negative test result upon arrival at the airport to avoid a 14-day quarantine.
An FDA approved NAAT test must be performed at a CLIA accredited laboratory before arrival.
No test will be offered on arrival at the airport.
Speaking at the July 13 press conference, Governor David Egg said: “I want to thank the deans of our four provinces – Mayor Kawakami, Mayor Victorino, Mayor Caldwell, Mayor Kim – for all the time and their efforts with me on this.
PRE-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM
Last week Lots of in-depth discussion about the pre-trip testing program and the state of COVID-19 here in Hawaii We assessed the current situation here and on the mainland and announced today that we will be postponing the start of the testing program until September 1 we have always said we will make decisions about health and safety, our decision was discussed a lot and we assessed the situation in front of us and the In the last few weeks I mentioned that we set a new record for the number of cases – 42 And a reminder a few days ago that we set the previous record of 41 cases on mainland America, there are still some fl ambushes and uncontrolled storms.
This includes the highest number of daily cases in California, Texas, Arizona, and Florida and an increase in cases in Nevada. N, the continental epidemic is not under control and we do not believe that until August 1 this situation will change significantly as we had hoped.
Responding to the announcement, Chris Tatum, President, and CEO of the Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) said, “We look forward to welcoming our visitors again when our state is ready to do so safely. , and we hope this is a necessity. Avoid resigning in the future As soon as we receive details of the process and requirements from the Department of Transport and the Department of Health will provide this information to the industry visitors.
Update your test progress before you travel
Governor Ige also said the state still believes the pre-trip testing program will help keep Hawaii safe.
He said progress would be made on the program and more details would be released by September 1. Repeat the program plan:
- Clinical Laboratory Modification Laboratory (CLIA) DNA Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Passengers are exempt from quarantine for 14 days if tests are negative no later than 72 hours before the start of the trip
- If results are not available upon arrival, quarantine should take place until test results are received
- All travelers of all ages are subject to pre-test requirements
- Those responsible for testing costs
- No commercial tests have been carried out at Hawaiian airports
The mandatory 14-day self-quarantine applies to all arrivals at state airports, including private and commercial aircraft. All incoming passengers must initial and sign this order to confirm that they are aware of the 14-day quarantine and understand that violating the order is a punishable and punishable act. a fine of up to $ 5,000 and/or one year in prison. The self-quarantine period begins when you enter the state and lasts 14 days or the length of a person’s stay in Hawaii, whichever is shorter. Click here for ordering and here for the Tenth Supplementary Proclamation.
- The Hawaii State Travel & Health Mandatory Form can now be submitted online within 24 hours of departure.
- This upgrade increases the efficiency of the passenger verification process, saves travelers time, and allows real-time information to be entered into the database.
- The form contains the health and contact information necessary to maintain close contact when a passenger becomes ill.
- Passengers with tickets are urged to visit the Hawaii Department of Health website to find the digital form for meeting travel and health requirements.
- As soon as all the necessary questions have been completed, signed, and submitted, the passenger will receive an email with a QR code.
- You must bring the code to the airport either on an electronic device (preferably) or in printed form. The form cannot be completed or submitted outside of the 24 hours.
(Note: some browsers like Safari and Explorer are slow to load and Chrome is the best.) Travelers can also download, fill out, and print the form in advance and bring it to the airport or fill it out at the airport.
- Passengers with a temperature of 100.4 or higher are not permitted to fly.
- The mandatory travel and health form must be submitted by every passenger, including minors.
- It must be dropped off before each flight between the islands, even if the flights are on the same day.
- Travelers are encouraged to allow extra time and arrive at the airport with sufficient time to complete the passenger screening process, pass through security, and arrive at their assigned gate before departure.
- If you have any questions about the inter-island travel form, contact the Aloha United Way Call Center at 2-1-1.
- The call center cannot answer questions about domestic or international travel.
- Frequently asked questions can be found here.
- 24 hours before the flight
- Check-in with your airline
- National / International Travel: Download, print and complete the Mandatory Travel Declaration Form or complete the information online – Safe Travels Website
- 3 hours before the flight
- Enter the health checkpoint
- Full TSA Exam
As soon as travelers arrive at an airport in Hawaii, they must provide proof that they have completed their form and present identification.
After that, they must check in every day during their mandatory 14-day quarantine.
Visitors are required to self-quarantine in their accommodation and at home with their residents but may leave for medical emergencies.
After landing, their temperature is measured.
Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will receive a medical assessment from paramedics stationed at the airport.
Passengers who do not have a fever then go through a checkpoint and present the completed form along with a valid ID.
Checkpoint staff validates the form and issue documents confirming that they have passed the checkpoint.
The passenger goes to the self-quarantine station, initializes and signs the order to confirm that they are aware of the 14-day quarantine, and confirm that they understand that a violation of an order is a violation criminal and will be fined up to $ 5,000 and/or one year in prison.
According to the Tenth Supplementary Proclamation, all hosts of all guests who are subject to the 14-day proxy self-quarantine are responsible for ensuring that their guests comply with the self-quarantine rules.
Any Host breaks this rule if the Host does not intentionally, knowingly, or ruthlessly notify law enforcement immediately if a guest or guest in self-quarantine fails to cross the border or comply. from their intended quarantine location.
Please read the latest guidelines for Short Term Rentals, Temporary Vacation Rentals, and Homestay as set by county (Honolulu City & County, Maui County, Kauai County, County of) Hawaii).
VEHICLE RENTAL AND AUTOMATIC SHARING
Companies presenting vehicles cannot rent or offer carsharing services to anyone under a 14-day self-quarantine agreement unless an exception is made.
The existence of exceptions to the general rule that all travelers should self-quarantine:
People arriving in the state on pleasure boats that have been at sea for at least 14 days do not need to self-quarantine if no one on the boat is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
People who travel to the state to perform important infrastructure functions as outlined in the proclamation are subject to self-quarantine but may quarantine it to perform their essential functions.
People traveling between islands for medical care do not need to self-quarantine as long as they wear appropriate protective equipment and practice social distancing.
Residents of Hawaii who have left the state to undertake major infrastructure work do not have to self-quarantine upon return but must wear appropriate protective equipment and practice social distancing. and International students (who are not accompanying family members) attend a campus of the University of Hawaii at Oahu, Chaminade University,
the University of the Pacific in Hawaii, and Kauai Community College for the semester fall 2020 with the conditions and procedures described here.
If you have questions about exceptions, contact CovidExemption@hawaii.gov.
You must stay in your accommodation/visitors’ house to avoid the possible spread of COVID-19 to other people. It means:
Do not use common facilities such as swimming pools, spas, gyms, restaurants or bars
You cannot rent a car, whether through a car rental company, an online service, or through a peer-to-peer platform or rideshare service.
Have someone drop food and other essentials at your doorstep or order room service
Do not go to public places such as the beach, work, school, shopping malls, child care, or local attractions
Don’t let visitors in only people who normally live with you should be home
If you are in self-quarantine and need to contact the call center, please call:
- Intended visitors or residents: 808-468-9952
- Hawaiian residents: 808-377-4760
- For general travel inquiries, please contact the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau call center at 1-800-GO-HAWAII (1-800-464-2924).
HOW TO REPORT AND INDIVIDUAL WHO DOES SELF-QUARANTINE
If there are any violations, call local law enforcement agencies that do not have emergency numbers:
- Oahu: Dial 9-1-1 and ask for the non-urgent number
- Maui County: 808-244-6400
- Hawaii County: 808-935-3311
- Kauai: File report online at www.kauai.gov/KPD-Online-R
DISCOVER THE THINGS TO DO
Hawaii Travel & Vacation Planning, Travel Bookings on www.travelzago.com
Are you planning your trip to Hawaii? travelzago.com is a great place to start. We can help you book hotels. We offer exclusive discounts for car rentals. We have great deals on Island Hopping packages. We even offer expert advice on the best attractions, places to go, and things to do. The following information will guide you through the process.
Travelzago.com has been serving Hawaii for over 25 Years and we offer You unmatched ease for booking the perfect dream vacation. In partnership with our many travel partners, we are dedicated to helping you find the best value and incredible selection of Flights, Hotels, Cars and Tours to and from the Islands of Hawaii and around the globe. If you appreciate Simplicity, Value and Selection in Travel, you’re in the right place here at Travelzago.com